Visit Worldwide Topsites

Sunday 21 October 2012

Orion Nebula on Orionid's Night Telescope images



This is the first photo Orion Nebula and is my most successful ever, with a DSLR. I've edited almost nothing in it. I always thought the photos from the internet with nebulae and galaxies have added colours in Photoshop programs to be much beautiful. But apparently I was wrong.

I went at 3:30 am on the outskirts of the city to catch Orionids. It seems I have seen a lot of shooting stars, but unfortunately I got only a few in some pictures, which I will present in another article.
As an unusual feature of this morning, while watching the belt of Orion with the naked eye, I noticed a very bright light that went parallel to the belt, under it. The light diminished, with a slow speed, and to my surprise, did not faded at all, going across the sky at the same speed between the stars, to the horizon. If it was a meteor, had to have a high speed, and dissapear quickly, but it left me stunned, because it did not. Waiting for your comments, if someone can explain what it was.

Telescope: Celestron 8 inch Newtonian
C5/EQ5 motorized mount
Camera: Nikon D80 with T ring
Eyepiece: no (focal)
Filter: no
Date: October 21, 2012
Time: 05:27
Mode: manual
ISO: 640
Exposure time: 30 sec
Location: Baia Mare, Romania


Below, are 2 photos, without telescope, but with the same camera with a 18-55 mm kit.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All images are © Copyright 2010-2015 Lupu Victor. All rights reserved.Images may not be reproduced, published, or copied in any form without written permission of the author. Thank you for respecting the intellectual property rights. ASTROFOTOGRAFIA | Lupu Victor Astronomy - Contact - About
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management