Visit Worldwide Topsites

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Saturn Lord of the Rings Pictures by telescope in March 2012




After almost a year (a few days missing), in which I have not turned my telescope on the planet Saturn, from March 29, 2011, now I'm back with some images made ​​on March 24, 2012, with the same telescope, but another camera.
Above, are video captures made in Splash Player and below are video captures in Sony Vegas 10, where you can save the image that you think is worth to be saved. Naturally I wanted to shoot Saturn on April 15, 2012, when it was in opposition, but I shot it earlier and I'm glad I did because this planet during the opposition time was bad to see.

Saturn is the outermost planet of the five planets visible with the naked eye in the sky, the other four being Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter.
Saturn is seen with the naked eye as a yellowish bright spot,. Most observers will need large optics and binoculars or a telescope in order to increase by at least 20 ×, to observe Saturn's rings. Saturn and its rings are best seen when the planet is at the opposition. An opposition occurs when a planet is at an elongation of 180 ° and thus appears opposite to the Sun in the sky.
When I shot the planet was at a low angle, closer to the horizon, but I never thought I'll see this good and clearly, because I thought that air pollution will block  it's observation. These images were taken through the telescope last, before I gather the equipment and leave the field due to cold weather.


Photographer: Victor Lupu
Optics: Celestron C8-Newtonian telescope, plossl 20mm, 2x Barlow
Mount: CG5 (EQ5)
Device: Sony CX130
Filter: no
Date: 03/24/2012
Location: Baia Mare, Romania
Processing: video captures Splash Player, Sony Vegas, FastStone Image Viewer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All images are © Copyright 2010-2015 Lupu Victor. All rights reserved.Images may not be reproduced, published, or copied in any form without written permission of the author. Thank you for respecting the intellectual property rights. ASTROFOTOGRAFIA | Lupu Victor Astronomy - Contact - About
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management