Visit Worldwide Topsites

Saturday 29 August 2015

The Moon through C10 telescope / Nikon D80 DSLR.



This is Moon photographed through an 10 inch telescope and a NIKON D80 DSLR camera on the morning of August 8th, 2015.

The clarity of the images are really much greater than those made by my 8 inch telescope, and this made me finally realize that I underestimated imaging the Moon through DSLR's, because I did not understand why the various forums praise imagery of this kind, and I praised HDR video cameras filming the Moon. So I was more excited about the results of the videos I processed, and continue to process the Registax.

My disappointment actually had a cause, namely the 8-inch telescope does not magnifies the Moon as the 10 inch one, as presented in this article. For this reason I was not fully satisfied, because I have not had extraordinary detail of the Moon and therefore not worthwhile to approach this method with DSLR on the Moon.

My opinion therefore is not worth it shooting the Moon through an 8-inch telescope with a DSLR and have big expectations. From 10 inches up, with a DSLR the results are seen really amazing. But also, with an 8-inch telescope mirror, deepsky images can be achieved like with any other telescope, and also the Moon and planets filmed through an HD camcorder is effective. Of course, with a 10 inch telescope you can do all of these.

I congratulate my friend Sandu Val-Cosmin for purchasing this telescope, and wait for the results of that certainly will exceed mine in deepsky, but also in shooting of objects in our Solar System if he will decide to like this method is that I like more.

Although I used my camera on the telescope, he deserves credit for his powerful telescope which I hope it will be in perfect condition for decades to come.

Astronomical instrument: Skywatcher Newtonian telescope 10 inches (Val-Cosmin Sandu)
Mount C6 / EQ6 motorized GoTo
Camera: Nikon D80 ring T
Ocular: No (focal)
Filter: no
Date: August 8th, 2015
Time: 4:10
Mode: Manual
ISO 250
Shutter: 1/250, 1/400
Location: Dridu, Ilfov, Romania

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All images are © Copyright 2010-2015 Lupu Victor. All rights reserved.Images may not be reproduced, published, or copied in any form without written permission of the author. Thank you for respecting the intellectual property rights. ASTROFOTOGRAFIA | Lupu Victor Astronomy - Contact - About
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management