Visit Worldwide Topsites

Friday 14 March 2014

Sony Handycam Visual astronomy of Jupiter planet through telescope.







These are videos of the biggest body of our planetary system. In fact, both are the same video, but to one of them I have increased the contrast. I have also posted images processed in Registax 5, which can be seen In the link below.
In the video, you can see Jupiter's biggest spot is "alive" on its surface for long outstanding time.

I believe that this is the true color of the planet, as I've used an ordinary HD camcorder, not a special camera for astrophotography which even if it is for astrophotography, I think it does not capture the real colors. These cameras are typically more focused on clarity. Those using a special video camera would probably disagree of what I said, but I know for sure that my "ordinary" camera was filming exactly as shown, without any difference of color.
For processed images from these videos, go to: My best of Jupiter.

Planet Jupiter
Distance: 688 150 205 km. (4.60 A.U.)
Lighting: 99.3%
Optics: Celestron C8-Newtonian telescope, 20 mm Plossl, 2x Barlow
Mount: CG5 (EQ5)
Camera: Sony CX130
Filter: no
Date: 11/13/2013, Time: 4:35 to 6:00
Location: Baia Mare, Romania
Processing: FastStone Image Viewer



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All images are © Copyright 2010-2015 Lupu Victor. All rights reserved.Images may not be reproduced, published, or copied in any form without written permission of the author. Thank you for respecting the intellectual property rights. ASTROFOTOGRAFIA | Lupu Victor Astronomy - Contact - About
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management